Since I haven’t finished any new books, I’m feeling inspired by Sarah (who was tagged by Sahi) and participating in the Intimidating TBR Tag. I thought with all this time in quarantine I’d be plowing through my TBR pile but alas here I am writing about it instead 🙂
1. A book on your TBR pile that you haven’t finished.
Me by Elton John. I am loving his autobiography but the chapters are long so I read one at a time then take a break to do something else. Not quite a binge-able book (and it also probably didn’t help that I binged all 12 episodes of The Circle on Netflix this weekend instead of reading).
2. A book you just haven’t had the time to read.
3. A book you haven’t read because it’s a sequel.
I wouldn’t put a sequel on my list if I didn’t read the first one.
4. A book you haven’t read because it’s brand new.
Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson. It’s been on my list but keeps getting pushed aside.
5. A book by an author you read previously but didn’t really like.
The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver – I didn’t enjoy One Day in December but I’ve seen lots of positive reviews. I’ll eventually give it a try…
6. A book on your TBR pile that you’re just not in the mood to read.
7. A book on your TBR pile that you haven’t read because it’s enormous.
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr – I picked up a used copy at a library book sale over a year ago and haven’t touched it. I feel like so many people loved it but 500+ pages just isn’t for me right now.
8. A book on your TBR you bought because of the cover.
9. The book on your TBR you find the most intimidating.
The Great Alone by Kristen Hannah. I enjoyed The Nightingale and everyone raves about this one, but I’m go through phases of being in the mood for historical fiction and not sure I’m ready for it.